- This event has passed.
November 24, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
An event this size takes a lot of hard work. Take a few hours and join thousands of others in making this a wonderful, fun celebration. It’s an experience you won’t soon forget.
RSVP below if you can join us.
- Plan to arrive 1/2 hour early for the shift you have been assigned so you’ll have time to park and go through orientation.
- There is plenty of free parking on site. Off Sepulveda north of Wilshire, take the Constitution Ave. entrance west. Look for the Thanksgiving signs.
- Look for parking signs, then look for Volunteer Check-In near the parking lots.
- All volunteers will be working outdoors. It’s cool in the morning and late afternoon and hot at mid-day. Please dress accordingly.
- You may be working on asphalt or an open field so wear comfortable footwear.
- PLEASE NOTE: All children under 18 MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- What time is dinner served?
We’ll serve dinner between 11am-3pm. Then we’ll pack up and clean up until 6pm.
- Who is the dinner for?
We welcome everyone: especially veterans, students, low-income families, seniors, anyone who is homeless, and anyone who is alone on Thanksgiving. Please join us as our guest!
- Where is the celebration and parking?
Our celebration is on the campus of the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System near Wilshire and Sepulveda, just west of the 405 Freeway. We’ll be on north campus. Enter on Constitution Ave., off of Sepulveda, north of Wilshire Bl. Follow the signs to free parking at Jackie Robinson Stadium.