« All Events
Central Texas Food Bank Aug 2018
August 25, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm at Central Texas Food Bank
Bond with old friends and co-workers, or meet new people with common interests, all while helping ensure the food we distribute is safe and healthy. Volunteers work independently and in teams to inspect, clean, sort, box and make donated food ready to go out to our Partner Agencies and the folks they serve.
- Warehouse volunteers must be age 8 and up in order to serve with the Central Texas Food Bank.
- Individual youth volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult 21+ years old in order to serve with the Central Texas Food Bank.
- Food Bank policy requires that all volunteers be in appropriate attire in order to enter the workspace.
- Please dress comfortably and note that anyone wearing sleeveless tops or open-toed shoes will not be permitted into the warehouse to volunteer.
- We have a Volunteer Breakroom to store food/snacks and beverages, but please know that food and beverage items may not be stored in the warehouse at any time.
- As a safety precaution, the Food Bank reserves the right to turn away volunteers who arrive late to their scheduled shift.
- Volunteers who arrive 30 minutes or later after their shift start time will not be permitted to volunteer for safety reasons—NO EXCEPTIONS.